Welcome to the SoCo Lab at Indiana University Bloomington! We are a group of researcher trying to make a difference in the world. We are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives we touch!
Our research focuses on applying theories, techniques, and research methods to address societal issues and create technologies that impact society.
- Social support for stigmatized population
- Grief support
- Substance abuse
- Fostering care for animal and environmental conservation efforts
- Animal-assisted therapy
- Automated inference of animal behaviors in captive environments
- Using social media to support citizen science for understanding bird migratory patterns
- Understanding how smart pet toys could influence owner and pet interactions
- Understanding how technology could facilitate adoption at animal shelter
- Understanding societal values
- Collective action in cross-strait relations
- Gender biases in video games
- Use of institutional and learning analytics in higher education