Welcome to the SoCo Lab at Indiana University Bloomington! We are a group of researcher trying to make a difference in the world. We are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives we touch!
Our research focuses on applying theories, techniques, and research methods to address societal issues and create technologies that impact society.
- Improving physical health and mental wellbeing
- HIV-positive community
- Grieving support community
- Substance abuse among college students
- PTSD among Veterans
- Understanding societal values
- Collective action in cross-strait relations
- Cross-cultural differences in movie ratings
- Gender biases in video games
- Use of institutional and learning analytics in higher education
- Fostering care for animal and environmental conservation efforts
- Automated inference of animal behaviors in captive environments
- Individual identification of animals in the wild
- Understanding how smart pet toys could influence owner and pet interactions